Reporting from Nevis on this beautiful Caribbean day, just dropped some SeaDreamers off for some exciting land adventures of hiking or horseback riding – and getting ready for SeaDream’s Signature Champagne & Caviar Splash™ – at Chrishi Beach Club – just a typical #SeaDream Day – Come Join!
What took us so long? That is the question my husband, Steve, and I have been asking ourselves since our return in October from our SeaDream Yacht trip along the Amalfi coast! Both of us had been on BIG cruise ships in the past and decided that crowded cruising was not our favorite method of travel. Our 7th wedding anniversary was approaching and to celebrate we wanted to see the Mediterranean coast but didn’t want to pack and unpack every day or two. Looking for something amazing this time around, we began talking with friends who are veteran/professional cruisers. Some have up to 18 cruises under their belt! When SeaDream yacht club popped up from several respected friends, we checked it out and found an itinerary for the perfect time and stops. Little did we know what a treat was in the offing!
Top five reasons for deciding we are confirmed SeaDream yachters (they say we are yachting, not cruising):
1. SeaDream yacht club makes it easy to indulge your passions- traveling, eating, shopping, and napping. Each morning, we hopped on the tender to go in to town, explored shops and sites, and headed back to SeaDream II for delicious lunches where we would continue to be spoiled. I am a jewelry designer (you can see my jewelry shop on my blog here www.KayDonahueDesigns.com) and enjoyed new adventures each day in lovely little towns on the hunt for bead shops. I am so looking forward to seeing all my findings of murano glass, obsidian, coral, and more spread out on my studio work table. I can’t help but be excited for the jewelry I am about to create inspired by the destinations the SeaDream II took us.
2. For one week we were royalty!
I’ve never experienced a crew to guest ratio so high! With only about 100 guests to a crew of 98 or so, feeling individually pampered and special is an understatement. There isn’t assigned seating at meals, so you are free to dine as a couple or join new friends. Guests came from all parts of the world all with interesting stories to tell. We couldn’t help but feel like longtime friends with these people who were strangers before SeaDream II made it possible for our paths to cross. The very first night on the yacht, we met and had dinner with another jewelry designer. She and I had had a ball exchanging favorite websites catering to our art. Some other new best friends from London were delightful to visit with – and listen to in the piano bar after dinner. They both had beautiful voices and made use of the huge books of lyrics to entertain those of us in the bar. And—they were indulging one of their passions as they got to sing while accompanied by the wonderful ship’s pianist.
3. The divine SeaDream food experience.
The variety of choices was almost overwhelming at all three main meals. One could be a very healthy diner with fruit, vegetarian, seafood and fresh vegetables. One could also indulge in favorites like lobster, steak, pasta and over the top desserts. You could also try something you might never have had like I did. At dinner one night I opted for Indian food and never having eaten Indian cuisine before, I wasn’t sure what to order. Not to worry, I was aboard a SeaDream Yacht and they knew what to serve me that would ensure a delicious experience! In fact, everything we had to eat on board was fabulous. Each day I looked forward to the soup of the day at lunch. If the chef did a cookbook of his soups I would be the first in line to buy it. YUM! I will always remember the lobster bisque…
4. The crew makes you want to run away and work on a SeaDream Yacht.
They look like they love what they do, are treated very well by the company, and it shows in their pampering of the passengers. For instance, I like hot milk for my coffee. After the first morning, it just magically appeared at our table. The servers made a special effort to get to know us – and remember our names. The SeaDream yacht club crew makes you feel like you are the best guests they have ever had!
5. The SeaDream yacht club crew handles problems (even ones by no fault of their own) with grace.
What could have been a very frustrating and time-consuming irritant was handled beautifully by our crew. One of our two checked bags from Madrid did not wind up on the carousel in the Rome airport. Even though it was my husband’s bag, I had some important stuff in it – not critical, but needed. We talked to the airline at the airport, and after we got onto the boat, we advised the SeaDream crew. THEY were the ones who made all of the calls to the airline over several days, tracked it down and arranged for delivery to the ship in the correct port. Because of this, we were able to enjoy this amazing travel experience worry-free. After all, we were in the hands of the SeaDream yacht club.Thank you SeaDream II for an unforgettable anniversary vacation we will cherish forever! -Kay and Steve, SeaDream Club members guests aboard SeaDream II
Typical SeaDream adventures in St. Kitts, spend the day at the Carambola Beach Club and zipline over the island to take in all the beauty. Come join us!
Full charters with SeaDream Yacht Club, known among discerning travelers for its award-winning, luxury yachting experiences, offer the ultimate gift of lifetime memories, rather than material possessions, to guests interested in celebrating important milestones with family and friends. Fifty-six well-appointed staterooms, including 10 suites, accommodate a maximum of 112 guests in an intimate, elegantly casual setting. “Many of our group guests are drawn by the size of our vessels, the opportunities for customization and the detailed planning provided by our dedicated charter coordinators,” says SeaDream President, Bob Lepisto. “Sailing the waters of the Caribbean or Europe on a mega-yacht with close friends is truly the ultimate celebration for marking a memorable moment.”
Birthdays, anniversaries and family reunions are among the special occasions guests are choosing to celebrate with fully-inclusive, private charters aboard the mega-yachts SeaDream I and II. Examples include a tandem celebration, in which both a husband and wife celebrated their 60th birthdays with loved ones on a voyage of their choosing. Surprise parties are also a hit, when guests know they are taking a SeaDream voyage, but later discover it will be on a private charter shared only with their friends and family. When planning a private celebration aboard SeaDream, our Charter Coordinators assist in every aspect, from the custom itinerary to onboard activities to special dining preferences and entertainment options. Custom shore excursions in locations seldom visited by larger ships may be arranged, such as guided expeditions through the secluded coastal towns of the Mediterranean. With a 1-to-1 crew to guest ratio, no detail is too small and no request goes unheeded when planning a SeaDream charter. With an emphasis on outdoor living, friends and families can take advantage of a fleet of water toys including wave runners, kayaks, water skis and wakeboards. The only Thai-certified spa at sea, SeaDream’s Spa includes treatments in the private, open-air massage area. Lounging on deck in the yacht’s signature Balinese Dream Beds is the perfect place for couples to take in ocean views during the day, or star-gaze at night with full turn-down service upon request.
Culinary excellence is just another facet that makes a SeaDream charter so memorable. Guests can join the chef for a trip to the local market, sourcing only the freshest, indigenous ingredients for their dishes. For a special toast, the Dining Salon accommodates all 112 guests to enjoy an unforgettable meal together. Dining al fresco is also an option and highly encouraged. Menus tailored specifically to each charter, combined with anticipatory service make epicurean experiences aboard SeaDream ones to remember. Contact your travel professional or SeaDream for information on booking groups and charters.
New home to SeaDream’s Signature Champagne & Caviar Splash™ – Chrishi Beach, Nevis. “The weather is beautiful, the Caribbean is beautiful and we hope to see you very soon,” Anna, SeaDream II
Destination: Charlestown, Nevis
ETA: November 23, 2017
Expected Weather: Partly Cloudy
High: 84°FLow: 78°F
Check here for regular updates as we voyage to the Caribbean for SeaDream’s Caribbean Winter Season.
Enjoy video messages and blog articles by our Captains, Hotel Managers, and Activity Directors currently onboard SeaDream I and SeaDream II. SeaDream calls the many island nations home for over 5 months every year, and for the last 15 years. Our guests enjoy the crystal clear waters, plentiful sunshine, and the even warmer smiles of the region’s residents. Colorful cultures, amazing wildlife, miles of pristine beaches, and the most breathtaking sunsets you’ll ever see.
Explore with us the resilience of this region. The Caribbean is “Open for Business” and is waiting for you. Join us this season, support the region, and enjoy the SeaDream Yachting Life which is best experienced in the Caribbean.
Destination: Union Island, Grenadines
ETA: November 9, 2017
Expected Weather: Partly Cloudy
High: 84°FLow: 79°F
What makes a SeaDream Yacht Club experience so uniquely different from big cruise vacations?1. Open deck plans and teak decks As you take the first steps on board, you can tell the atmosphere is just different. Greeted by a warm welcome from the captain, you can be certain that SeaDream is simply, not a cruise. There’s something quite liberating as you explore SeaDream I and identical twin SeaDream II with their open deck plans and teak outdoor decks. The fresh sea air and calm breezes can even be enjoyed at a romantic dinner onboard. Just one look at one of our yachts in port and you can identify just how unique SeaDream truly is. These sisters truly are mega yachts in a marina full of oversized cruise ships.
Welcome Aboard SeaDeam Yacht Club
Balinese Dream Beds
SeaDream Wave Runners
Celebrate with SeaDream!
Ready to start yachting, and NOT cruising? View Voyages ⚓️
- 4 eggs, large
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Créme fraîche
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Parsley sprigs
- 4 1-ounce tins caviar (Sevruga, Ossetra or Beluga) chilled for the topping
- Cream cheese
- French bread
- Peel the cooked eggs and cut them with an egg slicer in small brunoise (cubes)
- Put the eggs in a bowl and add the shallots, chives and créme frîache to taste
- Add vodka
- Add pepper to taste, mix gently
- Using an “egg top cutter“, remove the cap of the raw eggs, empty them and rinse the inside of the egg with fresh water (no need to waste the eggs, they can be used for omelets
- Allow empty eggshells to dry
- stuff the egg shells up to 3/4 full with the egg mixture and top it off with chilled caviar
- Place a small dollop of cream cheese on the plate, place the egg on the cream cheese so it will stand upright
- Place tomato brunoise topped with a sprig of parsley and melba or toasted French bread on the plate and of course, a mother of pearl spoon. Metal adversely affects the flavor so do not use a regular spoon to serve
Fireworks seen from the French Riviera. Photo Credit: Kurt Bauschardt
More overnights in dream destinations equals more time for exploration and adventure. This fall, you can embark on one of our seven-day sailings that visits these picturesque yachting ports in the French & Italian Riviera. Each itinerary pairs the ultimate yachting experience with the most scenic backdrops in the world. Whether you’re exploring the wine regions exclusive to the Mediterranean or simply taking in the world-class service and cuisine of the yacht, you can extend your summer vacation season with these early fall voyages on SeaDream I beginning October 1.“These Mediterranean voyages intimately transport our guests to some of the world’s most beautiful and exclusive ports and harbors,” says SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Through our creative excursions onshore and highly personalized service onboard, we pride ourselves in offering our guests with the ultimate yachting experience.” October is the ideal time to travel as summer temperatures have cooled and crowds have thinned, creating perfect conditions for outdoor walks and tours. With the highest therapist-to-guest ratio at sea, the SeaDream Spa ensures complete rejuvenation for its guests. Defined by the statement, “It’s yachting, not cruising,” SeaDream was named the Best Small Luxury Cruise Ship of 2015 by Forbes. At each port of call, you can choose from a variety of activities including hiking through the Mediterranean flora to Santa Margherita while in Portofino, shopping with the Chef in Sorrento or St. Tropez and even driving a Ferrari in Monte Carlo. An additional highlight for the 2016 fall season will be the popular crew-led shore excursions available in numerous ports which many of the yacht’s staff call home. These walks and bike rides take guests off the beaten path to explore the sights and sounds of historic European seaside villages. Below is a listing of SeaDream’s 2016 fall itineraries onboard SeaDream I:
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Cannes, departing October 1 – October 8, 2016.
- Cannes to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing October 15 – October 22, 2016.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Cannes, departing October 22 – October 29, 2016.
- Cannes to Malaga, departing October 29 – November 5, 2016.
Private Jet Experience
This unique voyage is all about comfort and style with intimate ports, harbors and hard-to-reach destinations. After being pampered aboard your SeaDream mega yacht, flying private is the perfect way to continue this luxurious and wild adventure. The finest details are carefully prepared for your next stop: Africa.Here are 5 reasons you’ll love TCS World Travel’s private jet on this adventure:
- Spend more time exploring
Landing closely to hard-to-reach destinations allows for more time to explore. You will be accustomed to this perk with SeaDream, and a private jet is a great way to segue into the journey to Africa. Heighten your adventure without the hassle of traditional traveling. Routes include direct flights that are not available on commercial airlines, and that’s a major plus to truly enjoy the exploration you so desire.
- Truly relax 30,000 feet in the air
What is the epitome of comfort? Italian-leather flatbed seats with 6.5 feet of personal space makes it to our list. The spacious two-by-two seating will have you immersed in comfort, style and full relaxation.
- VIP Luggage Service
Traveling may seem like a drag, and dragging along behind you is typically your luggage. Luckily, the VIP Luggage Service takes care of this for you. Rest assured, an experienced and thorough team will have your belongings waiting in your room.
- Receive impeccable Service
This is a journey designed with you in mind, with personalized service to cater to your needs. The sense of luxury is quintessential in the five-star accommodations provided in-flight. With on-demand entertainment with Bose® noise canceling headsets included, you will realize there is simply no other way to soar through theair.
- Enjoy the Journey of a Lifetime
Traveling with TCS World Travel and SeaDream is a dream voyage to satisfy your adventurous land, sea and air appetite. It is elegance at its finest—and embarking on this journey will leave you feeling pampered, spoiled and well traveled.
- It’s A Culinary Yachting Experience
A personalized and unique experience aboard SeaDream paired with some of the finest wines in the region makes our Wine Voyages a special time to set sail. Visiting multiple picture-perfect destinations while enhancing your culinary and wine knowledge is the ultimate adventure for your senses.
- The Perfect Pair
Dream gourmet cuisine harmonized with rich and colorful wine flavors enhances the overall gourmet dining experience. Wine pairings are thoughtfully selected to please your gastronomic palate.
- Historical and Adventurous
Explore the wonderful flavors and history by immersing yourself with carefully crafted selections of world-renowned wineries, onboard or ashore. Wine Director, Ida Dønheim, designed these wine voyages exclusively for our SeaDream guests. Wine Voyages include specialized winery visits and land adventures with activities to satisfy the sommelier in you.
- Wine Maker’s Dinner
A SeaDream guest favorite, the Winemaker’s Dinner will feature select wines offered in earlier tastings. Executive Chef’s degustation menu is complemented with top cuvees from our visiting Wine Maker. This allows guests the option to experience a special food and wine pairing and experience how the wine changes character when served with food.
- Complimentary Wine Tastings
You will get to enjoy exclusive and rare wine tastings throughout a Wine Voyage itinerary. On all SeaDream voyages, bar service with select spirits and wines are included. (You may visit our FAQ page for more details.) Wine packages by-the-glass during Winemaker’s dinner and wine land adventures are offered for an additional cost.
There is still time to book an exciting Wine Voyage adventure on SeaDream. Yachting while enhancing your culinary and wine expertise is a great way to escape for the summer; imagine the endless stories and memories you will bring back home with you.
Gratinated Escargots with Aubergine Caviar and Mushroom
Signature SeaDream Dish- Gratinated Escargot
- 24 Pcs Escargots
- 7 Ounces Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Medium Size Egg Plant
- 2 Medium Size Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp mixed chopped Herbs, (Parsley, Chive, and Chervil)
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Garlic, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco® sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Pinch Saffron
- Olive Oil
- 8 Toast Triangles
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Skin Chip and Chervil for garnish
- In a stand mixer with beaters, beat the butter until fluffy (a handheld mixer can also be used)
- Add the egg yolk and mix into the butter
- Add chopped garlic to taste, bread crumbs, mixed herbs and mix
- Add salt and pepper, Tabasco® sauce and lemon juice to taste
- Place in piping bag and set aside in cool place
- Preheat oven to 320℉
- Cut the eggplant in half
- Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and the bay leaf
- Place in 320℉ oven for 30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft
- Set aside to cool
- Scoop out the meat with a spoon, and chop very fine
- Bring sauté pan to a medium high temperature and cover the bottom with olive oil
- slice the portobello mushrooms in 1/2 inch cubes and sauté in a hot pan
- When the mushrooms are cooked and the water from the mushrooms is gone, add the chopped eggplant
- Add the saffron, salt and pepper
- Sir slowly on medium heat until the mushroom and eggplant mixture becomes drier
- Set aside
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Heat a medium size pan to medium high heat
- Cook the escargots in their own juice until they are cooked through
- With a spoon, place the aubergine caviar in the middle of a small, shallow, oven proof bowl (you can also fill a small metal ring as a form for the caviar)
- Arrange the warm escargots around it
- Take the piping bag and slowly squeeze some of the herb butter on the escargots
- In an oven with a top heating element, place the prepared bowl on the highest rack to brown the tops
- You can also use the broiler in an oven; in both cases, watch it carefully
- When gratinated and all butter is nicely brown, it is ready to serve
- Add toast triangles, a tomato skin chip and chervil