Destination: Charlestown, Nevis
ETA: November 23, 2017
Expected Weather: Partly Cloudy
High: 84°FLow: 78°F
Check here for regular updates as we voyage to the Caribbean for SeaDream’s Caribbean Winter Season.
Enjoy video messages and blog articles by our Captains, Hotel Managers, and Activity Directors currently onboard SeaDream I and SeaDream II. SeaDream calls the many island nations home for over 5 months every year, and for the last 15 years. Our guests enjoy the crystal clear waters, plentiful sunshine, and the even warmer smiles of the region’s residents. Colorful cultures, amazing wildlife, miles of pristine beaches, and the most breathtaking sunsets you’ll ever see.
Explore with us the resilience of this region. The Caribbean is “Open for Business” and is waiting for you. Join us this season, support the region, and enjoy the SeaDream Yachting Life which is best experienced in the Caribbean.
Destination: Union Island, Grenadines
ETA: November 9, 2017
Expected Weather: Partly Cloudy
High: 84°FLow: 79°F
What makes a SeaDream Yacht Club experience so uniquely different from big cruise vacations?1. Open deck plans and teak decks As you take the first steps on board, you can tell the atmosphere is just different. Greeted by a warm welcome from the captain, you can be certain that SeaDream is simply, not a cruise. There’s something quite liberating as you explore SeaDream I and identical twin SeaDream II with their open deck plans and teak outdoor decks. The fresh sea air and calm breezes can even be enjoyed at a romantic dinner onboard. Just one look at one of our yachts in port and you can identify just how unique SeaDream truly is. These sisters truly are mega yachts in a marina full of oversized cruise ships.
Welcome Aboard SeaDeam Yacht Club
Balinese Dream Beds
SeaDream Wave Runners
Celebrate with SeaDream!
Ready to start yachting, and NOT cruising? View Voyages ⚓️
- 4 eggs, large
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Créme fraîche
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Parsley sprigs
- 4 1-ounce tins caviar (Sevruga, Ossetra or Beluga) chilled for the topping
- Cream cheese
- French bread
- Peel the cooked eggs and cut them with an egg slicer in small brunoise (cubes)
- Put the eggs in a bowl and add the shallots, chives and créme frîache to taste
- Add vodka
- Add pepper to taste, mix gently
- Using an “egg top cutter“, remove the cap of the raw eggs, empty them and rinse the inside of the egg with fresh water (no need to waste the eggs, they can be used for omelets
- Allow empty eggshells to dry
- stuff the egg shells up to 3/4 full with the egg mixture and top it off with chilled caviar
- Place a small dollop of cream cheese on the plate, place the egg on the cream cheese so it will stand upright
- Place tomato brunoise topped with a sprig of parsley and melba or toasted French bread on the plate and of course, a mother of pearl spoon. Metal adversely affects the flavor so do not use a regular spoon to serve
Fireworks seen from the French Riviera. Photo Credit: Kurt Bauschardt
More overnights in dream destinations equals more time for exploration and adventure. This fall, you can embark on one of our seven-day sailings that visits these picturesque yachting ports in the French & Italian Riviera. Each itinerary pairs the ultimate yachting experience with the most scenic backdrops in the world. Whether you’re exploring the wine regions exclusive to the Mediterranean or simply taking in the world-class service and cuisine of the yacht, you can extend your summer vacation season with these early fall voyages on SeaDream I beginning October 1.“These Mediterranean voyages intimately transport our guests to some of the world’s most beautiful and exclusive ports and harbors,” says SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Through our creative excursions onshore and highly personalized service onboard, we pride ourselves in offering our guests with the ultimate yachting experience.” October is the ideal time to travel as summer temperatures have cooled and crowds have thinned, creating perfect conditions for outdoor walks and tours. With the highest therapist-to-guest ratio at sea, the SeaDream Spa ensures complete rejuvenation for its guests. Defined by the statement, “It’s yachting, not cruising,” SeaDream was named the Best Small Luxury Cruise Ship of 2015 by Forbes. At each port of call, you can choose from a variety of activities including hiking through the Mediterranean flora to Santa Margherita while in Portofino, shopping with the Chef in Sorrento or St. Tropez and even driving a Ferrari in Monte Carlo. An additional highlight for the 2016 fall season will be the popular crew-led shore excursions available in numerous ports which many of the yacht’s staff call home. These walks and bike rides take guests off the beaten path to explore the sights and sounds of historic European seaside villages. Below is a listing of SeaDream’s 2016 fall itineraries onboard SeaDream I:
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Cannes, departing October 1 – October 8, 2016.
- Cannes to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing October 15 – October 22, 2016.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Cannes, departing October 22 – October 29, 2016.
- Cannes to Malaga, departing October 29 – November 5, 2016.
Private Jet Experience
This unique voyage is all about comfort and style with intimate ports, harbors and hard-to-reach destinations. After being pampered aboard your SeaDream mega yacht, flying private is the perfect way to continue this luxurious and wild adventure. The finest details are carefully prepared for your next stop: Africa.Here are 5 reasons you’ll love TCS World Travel’s private jet on this adventure:
- Spend more time exploring
Landing closely to hard-to-reach destinations allows for more time to explore. You will be accustomed to this perk with SeaDream, and a private jet is a great way to segue into the journey to Africa. Heighten your adventure without the hassle of traditional traveling. Routes include direct flights that are not available on commercial airlines, and that’s a major plus to truly enjoy the exploration you so desire.
- Truly relax 30,000 feet in the air
What is the epitome of comfort? Italian-leather flatbed seats with 6.5 feet of personal space makes it to our list. The spacious two-by-two seating will have you immersed in comfort, style and full relaxation.
- VIP Luggage Service
Traveling may seem like a drag, and dragging along behind you is typically your luggage. Luckily, the VIP Luggage Service takes care of this for you. Rest assured, an experienced and thorough team will have your belongings waiting in your room.
- Receive impeccable Service
This is a journey designed with you in mind, with personalized service to cater to your needs. The sense of luxury is quintessential in the five-star accommodations provided in-flight. With on-demand entertainment with Bose® noise canceling headsets included, you will realize there is simply no other way to soar through theair.
- Enjoy the Journey of a Lifetime
Traveling with TCS World Travel and SeaDream is a dream voyage to satisfy your adventurous land, sea and air appetite. It is elegance at its finest—and embarking on this journey will leave you feeling pampered, spoiled and well traveled.
- It’s A Culinary Yachting Experience
A personalized and unique experience aboard SeaDream paired with some of the finest wines in the region makes our Wine Voyages a special time to set sail. Visiting multiple picture-perfect destinations while enhancing your culinary and wine knowledge is the ultimate adventure for your senses.
- The Perfect Pair
Dream gourmet cuisine harmonized with rich and colorful wine flavors enhances the overall gourmet dining experience. Wine pairings are thoughtfully selected to please your gastronomic palate.
- Historical and Adventurous
Explore the wonderful flavors and history by immersing yourself with carefully crafted selections of world-renowned wineries, onboard or ashore. Wine Director, Ida Dønheim, designed these wine voyages exclusively for our SeaDream guests. Wine Voyages include specialized winery visits and land adventures with activities to satisfy the sommelier in you.
- Wine Maker’s Dinner
A SeaDream guest favorite, the Winemaker’s Dinner will feature select wines offered in earlier tastings. Executive Chef’s degustation menu is complemented with top cuvees from our visiting Wine Maker. This allows guests the option to experience a special food and wine pairing and experience how the wine changes character when served with food.
- Complimentary Wine Tastings
You will get to enjoy exclusive and rare wine tastings throughout a Wine Voyage itinerary. On all SeaDream voyages, bar service with select spirits and wines are included. (You may visit our FAQ page for more details.) Wine packages by-the-glass during Winemaker’s dinner and wine land adventures are offered for an additional cost.
There is still time to book an exciting Wine Voyage adventure on SeaDream. Yachting while enhancing your culinary and wine expertise is a great way to escape for the summer; imagine the endless stories and memories you will bring back home with you.
Gratinated Escargots with Aubergine Caviar and Mushroom
Signature SeaDream Dish- Gratinated Escargot
- 24 Pcs Escargots
- 7 Ounces Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Medium Size Egg Plant
- 2 Medium Size Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp mixed chopped Herbs, (Parsley, Chive, and Chervil)
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Garlic, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco® sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Pinch Saffron
- Olive Oil
- 8 Toast Triangles
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Skin Chip and Chervil for garnish
- In a stand mixer with beaters, beat the butter until fluffy (a handheld mixer can also be used)
- Add the egg yolk and mix into the butter
- Add chopped garlic to taste, bread crumbs, mixed herbs and mix
- Add salt and pepper, Tabasco® sauce and lemon juice to taste
- Place in piping bag and set aside in cool place
- Preheat oven to 320℉
- Cut the eggplant in half
- Place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and the bay leaf
- Place in 320℉ oven for 30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft
- Set aside to cool
- Scoop out the meat with a spoon, and chop very fine
- Bring sauté pan to a medium high temperature and cover the bottom with olive oil
- slice the portobello mushrooms in 1/2 inch cubes and sauté in a hot pan
- When the mushrooms are cooked and the water from the mushrooms is gone, add the chopped eggplant
- Add the saffron, salt and pepper
- Sir slowly on medium heat until the mushroom and eggplant mixture becomes drier
- Set aside
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Heat a medium size pan to medium high heat
- Cook the escargots in their own juice until they are cooked through
- With a spoon, place the aubergine caviar in the middle of a small, shallow, oven proof bowl (you can also fill a small metal ring as a form for the caviar)
- Arrange the warm escargots around it
- Take the piping bag and slowly squeeze some of the herb butter on the escargots
- In an oven with a top heating element, place the prepared bowl on the highest rack to brown the tops
- You can also use the broiler in an oven; in both cases, watch it carefully
- When gratinated and all butter is nicely brown, it is ready to serve
- Add toast triangles, a tomato skin chip and chervil
Virgin Gorda @AndreasRiegal via Twitter
Champagne & Caviar Splash Party™
Nikki Beach in St. Barts by @Explore.travel.eat via Instagram
@explore.travel.eat via Instagram
@JimByersTravel via Twitter
#Sundown in the #Caribbeansea on #Seadream by @hannes_tschemernjak via Instagram.
Imagine setting sail on a weeklong voyage along the Italian and French Riviera, indulging in expertly crafted cuisine and enjoying some of the most personal service at sea. Ever-changing backdrops starring some of the most beautiful ports in the Mediterranean will make anyone feel like they are on top of the world. There’s no need for imagination; this is what SeaDream brings to reality. This picturesque journey, embarking in Civitavecchia (Rome) visits famed cities like Pompeii (Sorrento), Capri and Bonifacio. Amidst mountainous terrain and enchanting bays, Corsica was also the home of Napoleon Bonaporte whose fierce independence shares a likeness with the fiery island. SeaDream’s overnight stay on this French island allows guests to enjoy a longer and more meaningful time to explore the stylish coastal towns and breathtaking valleys Corsica has to offer.
“Imagination rules the world.” – Napolean Bonaporte
Saint Tropez- France
“The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.” Wyland “If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land” Jay Asher “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love.” Unknown “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” Honore de BalzacWhether it’s love in the air or that cool breeze right before a storm, let the ocean be a reminder of the natural ebb and flow of life. Reflect in the romance the sea holds within her waters, which is always just a SeaDream away. ⚓️
“The 2017 season exemplifies the true yachting experience as our mega-yachts call on small Caribbean destinations of Jost van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands and sophisticated secluded European locales including Paros in the Greek Isles. Each itinerary visits multiple ports away from larger vessels where SeaDream guests can explore ashore with no lines and return to their yacht for award-winning personalized service.” –Bob Lepisto, SeaDream Yacht Club PresidentSail away to secluded ports including Saba, Culebrita and Vieques, Puerto Rico, a pleasant refresh to some of the traditionally frequented islands by other cruise travelers. Other Caribbean destinations include St. Barts, Barbados, the French West Indies, the Grenadines and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Easily accessible embarkation and debarkation ports such San Juan, Puerto Rico and Bridgetown, Barbados ensure plenty of flight options to rendezvous with SeaDream I and SeaDream II.
SeaDream Yacht Club Announces New 2016 Wine Voyages
–Eight Wine Voyages offered in Mediterranean for 2016–