Seven Wine Voyages offered in Mediterranean for 2017MIAMI, May 04, 2016 – Continuing its commitment to and enhancing the superbly established level of award-winning culinary experiences, SeaDream Yacht Club announces seven new Wine Voyages for the 2017 season. Showcasing the most picturesque yachting ports of the Mediterranean on seven to eleven-day sailings, each itinerary pairs the ultimate wine experience with the most scenic backdrops in the world. Whether a seasoned wine connoisseur or new to learning about and liking wine, these voyages are a perfect occasion for developing skills and passions regarding wine and cooking. Guests onboard these vino-centric sailings will enjoy select premium tastings from celebrated wineries such as Château Gassier, Tenuta San Guido, and Taittinger Champagne. As an exclusive to the Taittinger Voyage, Clovis Taittinger will be onboard followed by Maison Louis Jadot showcasing two of France’s best qualities, champagne and the famous Burgundy region. At the popular Winemaker’s Dinner, SeaDream’s Executive Chef will prepare a distinctive menu to complement and enhance the expressive wines of guest winemakers such as Philipp Wittman, Marilisa Allegrini, and Francesco Mazzei. The Winemaker’s Dinner offers a wine-by-the-glass package, for an additional cost. Exclusive shore excursions take guests off the beaten path to explore the different foods, wines and cultures of the Mediterranean. At each port of call, guests can choose from a variety of activities to enhance their onboard wine experience. Guests can explore the stunning Sorrentino Winery at the base of the volcanic Mount Vesuvius, attend a wine tasting and truffle hunt at Castello delle Regine, or learn the art of making classic paella and how to pair it with local wines in Cartagena. “The best way to truly know a place is to experience it through its people, food and wine,” explains SeaDream Yacht Club President Bob Lepisto. “Through our innovative itineraries, high attention to detail, and impeccable service, we are constantly striving to provide the ultimate guest experience both at sea and ashore.” Additional highlights of the SeaDream 2017 Wine Voyages include a high crew to guest ratio, personalized onboard entertainment, a state of the art fitness center, and cuisine that competes with the ever-changing views. Smaller ports make for memorable shoreside experiences away from the crowd and allow even the most seasoned travelers the opportunity to discover new favorite destinations. Below is a full listing of SeaDream’s 2017 Wine Voyage itineraries:
- Lisbon to Barcelona, departing April 27 – May 6, 2017. Nine days including boutique ports of Portimao, Gibraltar, Puerto Banus, Malaga, Cartagena, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca, and Menorca.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip, departing June 10 – June 17, 2017. Seven days including ports of Bonifacio (Corsica) overnight, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, and Capri.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) round trip, departing June 17 – June 24, 2017. Seven days including ports of Portoferraio, Portovenere, Marina di Carrara (Florence, Lucca), Portofino, Saint Florent, and Porto Vecchio.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice, departing August 19 – August 30, 2017. Eleven days calling on ports of Capri, Amalfi overnight, Positano, Taormina (Sicily), Kotor (Montenegro), Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, and Rovinj.
- Piraeus (Athens) to Civitavecchia (Rome), departing September 23 – September 30, 2017. Seven days calling on Hydra, Corinth Canal (Transit), Itea (Delphi), Taormina (Sicily), Amalfi overnight, and Capri.
- Civitavecchia (Rome) to Nice, departing September 30 – October 7, 2017. Seven days calling on Porto Ercole, Portoferraio (Elba), Livorno (for Florence), Portovenere, Portofino, and Monte Carlo.
- Nice to Malaga, departing October 7 – October 16, 2017. Nine days calling on St. Tropez, Sanary-sur-Mer, Cassis, Sète, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, and Cartagena.