SEADREAM YACHT CLUB’S SUMMER 2014 VOYAGES
TO SHOWCASE NORTHERN EUROPE
-Overnights, Less-Traveled Fjords and Baltic Destinations Among Highlights-
MIAMI, August 20, 2013 – Known for its breathtaking beauty and rich history, travel to Northern Europe continues growing exponentially with cruising as a popular mode of exploration. Now SeaDream Yacht Club, best described as “yachting, not cruising,” will expand its destination offerings with mega-yacht experiences in the Baltic and Norwegian Fjords for the Summer 2014 season.
The award-winning SeaDream I will explore the summer yachting ports of Northern Europe including overnight stays in popular cities with exclusive berthing privileges afforded only a mega-yacht. Guests will enjoy docking up the Neva River by the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, Stockholm’s historic Gamla Stan and anchoring steps from Tallin, Estonia’s “Old Town” in the inner pond. SeaDream Yacht Club offers guests a perfect chance to experience the region in ultimate comfort and style from June through August 2014 on seven to 14-day voyages.
“In response to the popular demand from our past guests, SeaDream Yacht Club will bring its yachting lifestyle to Northern Europe in 2014,” says SeaDream Yacht Club CEO Pamela Conover. “Our size allows us to visit some of the region’s less traveled ports and become immersed in its rich culture in the care of the SeaDream I crew’s highly personalized and anticipatory service.”
Starting the season with a sailing from Hamburg, Germany on May 31, 2014, SeaDream I will embark on a journey through the Kiel Canal, calling on the metropolitan destinations of Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Stockholm. In contrast, the voyage also includes the picturesque island of Saaremaa in Estonia and Finland’s Aland Islands, an archipelago of some 6,000 remote islands.
Highlights of Northern European voyages include:
- Multiple night stays in St. Petersburg, Russia, known as “the Venice of the North.” Guests may enjoy a private opening of the world’s largest museum of art, The Hermitage, or a behind-the-scenes look at Russia’s famous Jacobson Ballet School. Enthralling tours of the Neva River and its canals allow an incredible vantage point from which to view St. Petersburg’s renowned architecture.
- Discovering the small city of Mariehamn in the Aland Islands of Finland. A special private evening aboard the Pommern, a tall ship museum, has been arranged for guests to enjoy a Champagne tasting while engaging one-on-one with the diving team that discovered the world’s oldest Champagne bottles at a wreck site near the coast.
- Exploring the majestic Norwegian Fjords up close, visiting hidden coves accessible only by small craft or mega-yacht. Overnights in Hardangerfjord and Sognefjord, Norway.
- Exclusive complimentary land excursion in Oslo to Hadeland Glassworks factory, owned by SeaDream Founder Mr. Atle Brynestad.
- Experience the Midnight Sun, when nightfall is twilight instead of darkness and daytime activities are possible round the clock.
- Outdoor activities including paddling through fjords in kayaks directly launched from the SeaDream I marina. Guests can also use the yacht’s fleet of mountain bikes or hike trails on secluded and sparsely populated islands in the region.
Fully inclusive yachting fares begin at $4,499, based on double occupancy. The SeaDream I will be sailing a series of voyages in Northern Europe starting May 31 through August 2014. Itineraries include Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden. For inquiries, contact a travel professional or SeaDream Yacht Club at 1-800-707-4911 or visit www.seadream.com.
About SeaDream Yacht Club
SeaDream Yacht Club has achieved the industry’s highest accolades for its two twin, casually elegant mega-yachts, SeaDream I and SeaDream II. With a maximum of only 112 guests and a 95-person award-winning crew, “It’s yachting, not cruising,” defines not only the size of the vessels, but the onboard lifestyle and anticipatory service. SeaDream Yacht Club provides a yachting experience visiting small harbors and ports around the world, many inaccessible by larger ships, on seven to 15-day voyages. An incredible array of services, activities, water toys, dining, wine, premium drinks and gratuities are available through SeaDream’s fully-inclusive fare. For more information, visit www.seadream.com or call 1-800-707-4911.
Mike Hicks/Ginny Perkins
LOU HAMMOND & ASSOCIATES